Hello again. Two posts in one day ...don't fall off your chair.
I just wanted to share my op shop purchases from yesterday's excursion over town.
My first stop was the Lifeline shop and I was amazed at how many people were there coming and going. Certainly a lot more than the last time I was there. Maybe more people are getting the message to shop secondhand.
The little wooden bowl is for a fruit bowl and was a bargain at $2.50. I think it will look lovely with green apples in it but having just been to the supermarket and noticing that said green apples are $8.99 a kilo that might have to wait a while.
The four picture frames ranged in price from 50 cents to $1.50. I am collecting various frames and painting them all white for my photo wall. I am really excited about this project and can't wait to finish it.
That sweet little handpainted spice rack was $2.50 and I have the perfect spot for it inside my pantry door. Organising the pantry is one of my projects for this month so it was a great find.
The pretty beaded necklace was $4 and the set of crotchet doilies $3.
My second stop was at St Vinnies.
My local Vinnies has bags of lace offcuts for $3. I grabbed a bag with visions of scrapbook projects in mind.
The framed pictures were $2 each. I bought them for the frames and plan to replace the pictures and hang in my kitchen.
The two skirts were $4 each and they just looked so lovely and cool hanging in the door that I couldn't resist them.
The last item was this sweet framed piece.
Isn't it gorgeous. Love the frame and the sweet lace and embroidery are so pretty. All for the bargain price of $1. Now to find somewhere to hang it.
My first project with my new purchases was cutting and dyeing the doilies. These are huge in scrapbooking at the moment and look so cute in bright happy colours.
I decided to dye them in a jar of water with a few drops of reinker. It worked great for my purposes but of course it is not colourfast so for anything you plan to wash don't use this method.
Here are some of my doilies soaking.
The colour I used was Taken with Teal which is quite a dark colour. Diluting it in water to dye obviously reduces the colour intensity a lot as once they finished drying they turned out a pretty baby blue. I can't wait to use these on a project and of course I will share when I am finished.
Thanks for stopping by