Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June Counterfeit Kits (Yep Kits!!)

This month the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog have chosen to counterfeit a new kit company Burlap and Buttercups. Their June kit was very pretty with pinks, yellows and greens.


My first thought was a Basic Grey Colllection Kit I had that was not even open. So out came the Two Scoops collection and my counterfeit kit was born.


I have added in some ancient Chatterbox wooden frames instead of the chipboard frames and some frames from Grace Taylor.


I have made some of my own felt flowers and added in some heart pins and a butterfly pin.


So  there we have my first very pretty June Kit.

My second kit came about as I was searching my paper stash I found this cute doily style paper from Sassafrass Lass that tied in with the doily paper in the original kit.


Of course the colours were all wrong for the original kit so I started a second kit with this paper and a couple of others from the same collection to get to this...


I added in some chipboard frames from Heidi Swapp, Lil Davis and Maya Road and swapped the butterflies and flowers for denim gears and hessian lollipops.


The diecut paper is from Grace Taylor. The blues and browns in this kit will be perfect for some boy pages but I am not really sure what to do with the pretty kit...maybe some baby photos???

Hopefully inspiration will hit when the mini challenges are announced. There is some very old product in both these kits so if I get these used I will be one happy scrapper.

There was also the option of creating a Summer kit which I have done as well. I will share mine later this week..the bright summer colours will brighten up these dreary winter days.

Happy scrapping

Lisa J

14 comments:

  1. I love both your kits. The first one is very close to the original and very pretty. I would use it! We have lots of challenges at the Counterfeit Kit blog all month, maybe one of them with help you get started using the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I like them both but I LOVE the second one, it is more my color pallette choice! We will have tons of challenges so keep looking! I love the lollipop flowers and gears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your kits are great! I love that a second kit was born in the process. The colors in the second kit really draw me in. Can't wait to see your summer kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that your two kits have two totally different feels to them. The soft with pink and then the masculine blue and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great kits! Funny how that happens, you start off in one direction, come across something else and end up in another direction - or in your case, both directions! Great use of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both of your kits. I also have some of those wooden Chatterbox frames. I'm looking forward to the challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both just beautiful. The first one is my favorite, but I would definitely use the second one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job - the kits each have their own personality yet still complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both wonderful! Love that you made your own felt flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your second kit! Love that you shopped back in the depths of your stash too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great kits can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  12. TWO kits AND the summer one? Wow - well done - they look great too.

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...