Thursday, December 20, 2012

2013 The Year of.....?

I have been thinking a lot lately about what my word for 2013 will be. I have several goals in mind for myself and my family over the next twelve  months including:

1. A six month scrapbook spending freeze. From January to the end of June all I am allowing myself to purchase (and only if I am completely out) is adhesive, neutral cardstock and page protectors. It is going to take some serious willpower but I certainly have enough supplies to keep me scrapping and I will think of it as a challenge to be creative with what I have. Don't we all enjoy a challenge??

2. Reducing the amount of scrap supplies I have and the amount of space they take up. I would like to see the amount of stamps I own at least halved so I will be selling some on ebay over the next few months. I am no longer a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and I think it is time to let some of my less loved stamps go. My scrap supplies and table currently take up a little over a third of our rumpus room and ideally it would be less than a quarter of the room. Definately time for some downsizing.

3. Cleaning out the clutter. We have been in our current home since 1999 and with four children you can imagine the amount of toys etc that have built up. It is time for a serious clean out. If we don't love it and use it, it needs to go elsewhere.

4.  Paying off some consumer debt and consolidating our finances.

5.  Being more active and cutting down on my weight.

All of these ideas have led me to my word for 2013

REDUCE

Yes, 2013 will be the year of reducing my waistline, my clutter, my scrap stash and my consumer debt. Easy huh!! Wellmaybe not but I will be checking in regularly with my progress on these goals so be sure to keep me accountable.

If you see a new paper on my scrap layout I better have a good explantion LOL.

What is your word for 2013??

Happy scrapping

Lisa


2 comments:

  1. Great goals, Lisa! I was just thinking about my word for 2013 in the last couple weeks. The more I think about it, the more it looks like my word will be "enough". For very similar reasons to what you've listed!!!! Thanks for the motivation to finalize my word and make some goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer.It is that time of year isn't it - time for reflection and planning.I love your word "enough"it really resonates.Good luck to both of us with these goals.

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...