Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blast from the Past - Love Elsie

Back in November 2006 I had the privilege of attending a class of Elsie Larson's (or Flannigan as she was known then) at the Inspiration Scrapbook Convention held at Penrith in Sydney. I attended two full days of classes but my favourite by far was Elsie's.

I loved her happy freestyle approach to scrapbooking. Her enthusiasm was contagious and she was (and still is I am sure) such a sweetie.



I was a complete scrapbook nerd and had my photo taken with Elsie as well as having her sign my copy of her book 52 Scrapbooking Challenges. Yep scrap nerd.

Which in a roundabout way brings me to the Blast From the Past item I included in my February Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit "Joy Ride" - Riley stickers from Elsie's "Love Elsie" range produced by KI Memories (circa 2007):


And yes I had the full sheet. I had not used one single little sticker. The situation had to be remedied: it called for drastic action: I needed a plan to use a LOT of stickers.

Enter the ever inspiring Shimelle Laine and her video here. Those layered embellishments were just what I needed.


3/4 of a sticker sheet later and I was happy with the finished product.

I varied some of the stickers, cutting some into little banners and layering others until each of my little squares was filled.


And I love the end result, so bright and happy and those "Love Elsie" stickers finally have a home in my album.

What "blast from the past" made it into your kit this month?

Happy Scrapping

Lisa J

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is just wonderful! I'm definitely going to have to check out that video. This page turned out amazing and it looks like you managed to use us quite a few of those stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is just wonderful! I had some bits and pieces of her stuff and now you have me inspired to try to get some used up. Your grid is spectacular and the layering of stickers works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Love, Elsie fan here!!! Loooove how you used the stickers to create little square vignettes. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...