Monday, February 4, 2013

CKC Challenge 1 -Why I love

If you have visited the CKC blog today you know that the first challenge of the month is to create a page about "why you love {insert whatever it may be}", but the catch is no photos.
My whole page concept came from the lovely Amy Tangerine map print paper I had included in my February kit. It immediately made me think of travel and so my page layout and journalling came together really quickly.

I have to admit a page with no photo is something I very rarely do so it really was a challenge.


 I stitched a little pocket to hold some shipping tags with lists of destinations that are on my ever-growing list of places I want to visit. I think it also gave the page a focus where usually a photo would be.


I had to get a little creative with my "E" and make it out of an "F" and "I" giggle. I guess I use to many "E"s.


I added some Love Elsie dimensional stickers and a printable from Studio Calico (the "I love this" banner).

Will you be taking up the challenge? This is the challenge for the CKC member blog hop at the end of the month so I do hope you join in.
Happy Scrapping

Lisa J

9 comments:

  1. Love your layout. I love to travel too so might have to "borrow" that idea.
    You don't use too many E's,they never give you enough.The number 3 back to front is another E standby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page - you don't "mss" the photo(s) at all. Great E too LOL - I'm having to cut down ampersands on my current page ... haven't even got any 3s to invert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous page. really like the focal pocket and tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute and practical are those little tages! You've rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see a great layout using tags. You did a fantastic job with this challenge. And its good to see extra alphas used creatively too. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Love the typed journaling and how you've mixed that Love, Elsie right in with the new. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page, and great topic! Love your little pocket and tags :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stitched pocket, and the long twine on the tags! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is my favourite layout of yours this month. so many elements I love. the map paper makes it such a winner and the colours are wonderful. I love to travel too so I am wondering if that will the way I take my challenge layout :-) thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...